Take this course if you are...
- An entrepreneur
- Thinking about starting a business
- In the process of starting a business
- Writing a business plan
- Growing your business
- Marketing your business
- Need help understanding the financials of your business
- Pitching your business to a bank or investors
You will learn...
- What it means to be an entrepreneur
- The basics you need to succeed in business
- The starting cost you will need for your business
- To understand your target market and how best to identify them
- How to create a successful marketing strategy and reach your customers
- The best ways to present your business to investors
- What you should include in your business plan to secure funding
- The benefits and costs associated with having an online presence
- How to build the best team to run your business
- What your break-even point is and how you reach that point
- How to handle the financials of your business, like estimating sales, the difference between cash and profits, and more.
About your instructor
Business Planning Expert
Tim Berry is the founder of Palo Alto Software, makers of the top selling business plan software in the world. He is also the founder of Bplans.com, co-founder of Borland International, author of several best-selling books on business planning, and has a Stanford MBA.
Tim has spent his entire career focused on entrepreneurship and business planning. As a consultant Tim has helped businesses such as Apple, Autodesk, and McDonalds with their business planning.
As an entrepreneur, he started a company from nothing and grew it to own 70% market share without any outside investment. As an educator, Tim taught entrepreneurship at the University of Oregon for 11 years.
Wonderful Concepts and InformationMitch Zundel ★★★★★
“Thank you for all your insights! It is great hearing all the wonderful concepts on business and hearing all the reasons why to get out there and get going! You, Tim, understand what it takes to start a business and I want to thank you for sharing your talents! Thank you! This is VERY helpful!”
This course contains...
- 12 chapters
- 40 video tutorials
- 14 articles
- Slide notes for all chapter videos
- Downloadable business plan outline
- Downloadable financial worksheet
- What is Entrepreneurship?
- Concept Kick Start
- Business Basics
- Know Your Market
- Marketing Strategy
- Basic Financials
- Forecast Sales & Expenses
- Getting Financed
- Building a Team
- The Web
- Cash and Taxes
- Plans and Pitches